来源:环球网校
发布时间:2016-06-28
butt dial - 屁股拨号,说白了就是不小心坐在手机上后乱拨,误打电话
A: Hello? .... Hello?... Baijie, are you there??
喂?。。喂?。。白洁,你在么?
A: Hello Baijie? Hello.... Dude, I said helloooo?
喂白洁?喂?。。我说有人么?!
A: 白洁, did you call me twice last night?
白洁,你昨晚是给我打了两个电话么?
B: Oh no! So sorry. I must've butt dialed you! This is so awkward.
哎呀,不好意思。我肯定是不小心坐在手机上后误打给你了。太丢人了太丢人了。
A: It's fine. Your butt was very pleasant to talk to. Haha.
没事啦。和你屁股聊天非常愉快。哈哈哈。
Your fly is open - 你裤子拉链没拉上!
This one time in high school, I was doing a presentation in class but everyone was laughing and I didn't know why.
上高中的时候有一次,我在全班面前做报告,但他们都在笑,我也不知道为什么。
Then my teacher told me quietly that my fly was open. It was so embarrassing.
然后我老师悄悄告诉我,是我裤子拉链没拉上。唉,太丢人了。
thingamajig - 就那个,那个东西
有时候脑子一下子想不起来某个物体叫什么的时候就可以用thingamajig来指代
what's-his/her-face - 就那谁, 就那个叫什么的
记得某人的长相但实在想不起来他叫什么的时候就可以用what's-his-face-来代替
B: 白洁 what you looking for?
白洁你找什么呢?
A: Um...I'm looking for my...um...you know, that thingamajig.
嗯,我在找我的那个。。你知道的。。就那个东西。
B: What thingamajig?
什么玩意儿?
A: You know, this!
你知道的嘛,就这个!
B: Ohh, your keys. Where you going?
哦,你的钥匙。你要去哪儿呢?
A: I'm going out with...um... what's-her-face.
我要和那谁出去。
B: Who?
A:You know, what's-her-face, my friend, tall, brunette.
你知道的啊,就那个,我朋友,高个子,棕色头发
B: Oh Melissa. Got it.
哦!Melissa嘛。知道了。
课程 文章 问答 资讯 评论 百科